The Claims Trainer will develop and present training programs for the Claims Department of the Property and Casualty Division. Training will be completed primarily in the field claims offices. Final development of training programs will be in the home office and require working with the Claims Trainer as an instructional designer or subject matter expert. Areas of responsibility will include claims systems, procedures, workflows, on-the-job training, Claims School, customer service, general employee training, HMIU, and claims intranet. The Claims Trainer will develop and coordinate training with general supervisory involvement until the project is ready to be reviewed and finalized by AVP Claims Training, the Regional Office AVP, or AVP Casualty Claims.
- Ability to train both entry-level and experienced claims employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Good organizational ability with an emphasis on project management skills
- Good PC and Claims Systems Skills
- Casualty/Claims knowledge
- Knowledgeable in customer service procedures and skills
- Understanding of Insurance Operations and Procedures
- Ability to plan objectives and determine action
- Coordinate and lead inter-departmental projects and training
- Self-motivated to create training plans and assist departments with training needs
Must be able to work in the United States without Employer Sponsorship ABOUT HORACE MANN
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have nearly $10 billion in assets.
We're motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children's future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
Founded by Educators for Educators®, we're proud to serve all school employees!