Vice President, Information Security Management
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
We are looking for multi-disciplined forward-looking technologists like you with diverse backgrounds and experiences including in areas such as cybersecurity, big data, machine learning risk management and controls, compliance and oversight, cloud security.
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment. Key Responsibilities:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Investigation, analysis, documentation, remediation, tracking and reporting of technology risk and control identification and remediation
- Ensure existing and new solutions are designed to be continuously in synch with JPMC policies and standards, and the GTI Sustained Engineering operating environment
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders on firm mandated, cross line of business, regional audit and risk and control projects.
- Provide strategic drive for engagement efficiency, effectiveness and transparent, measurable, sustainable control improvements, including process enhancements and use of automated data collection techniques.
- Proactively monitor Key Risk Parameters to identify non-compliance and assist in remediation with compensating controls to address security, risk and control gaps.
- Provide leadership and advice on material remediation activities ensuring appropriate resolution of issues, action plans, breaks and remedies and support the closure verification process
- Aid in training and spreading technology risk and control awareness within the organization
- Develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner to these groups
- Communicate risk and other control findings with key stakeholders, develop recommendations and provide accurate metrics and management reports on a timely basis
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
- Candidates with a minimum 10 years of experience in technology risk and controls, risk based consulting, risk assessments, audit and regulatory activities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, or a related field is required. Experience within financial services areas is preferred.
- Experience with implementation and oversight of technology risk and controls, coordination of activities for audits and assessing an IT controls environment.
- Knowledge of controls associated with the key infrastructure capabilities, such as but not limited to:
- Network perimeters and firewall security configuration
- Operating Systems, System hardening standards and configuration monitoring
- End User Networking, Remote and local network access management
- Application data protection controls for Network, Email, Web, Cloud, SaaS, Middleware, Virtualization and Database technology areas
- Able to review, understand, and rely on technical and software documentation and apply that knowledge into practice.
- Experience operating in environments that are heavily governed under compliance, regulatory, or risk reduction controls.
- Stakeholder engagement skills, including ability to interact with senior levels of management.
- Knowledge of process-focused methodologies for IT related activities (Networks, Cloud, Change Management, Incident Management, SDLC ).
- Exposure to IT Risk and Process frameworks: COSO, COBIT, NIST, Cybersecurity Horizontal reviews, ITIL.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.