We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced VP of Accounting who will be responsible for developing, leading and managing the accounting and reporting functions for the real estate portfolios managed by Lionstone, consisting of over $10B of AUM across 12 portfolios, in addition to the oversight of the accounting for the Lionstone business unit reporting to Ameriprise. This includes the oversight of accurate and timely financial reporting to investors, third party consultants, lenders, and internal users. This person will be responsible for the management and coordination of the audit and tax relationships with external service providers and will play a primary role in the design and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures. Additionally, this person will be a key contributor of thought leadership and qualitative analysis to key business leaders regarding accounting and reporting matters. Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Lead and manage the accounting and reporting team and its activities. Lead, develop and manage a team of 10 individuals to ensure accurate and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial deliverables. Provide oversight and review of financial reporting and audited financial statements produced in accordance with GAAP or other relevant standards.
- Provide oversight and manage the day-to-day execution of external audits and tax compliance provided by third party providers.
- Oversee the treasury functions for Lionstone and its portfolios/asset, inclusive of managing the banking relationships, cash management forecasting and the analysis of related costs and risks.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical guidance for interpreting and developing accounting policies, implementation new/emerging accounting standards.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining internal controls and compliance with internal and external policies, within the functions of financial accounting, financial reporting, tax compliance, and treasury/cash management.
- Collaborate with other Lionstone leaders to evolve the accounting function to meet changing investor, corporate and regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Lead and manage the accounting and financial reporting for the Lionstone business unit for consolidation at the parent company.
- Oversight of the accounting teams and functionality of 35+ third party operating partners and property management teams across the country and oversight of third-party fund administrator activities.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with a focus on finance or accounting
- 10+ years of progressive related industry experience
- CPA, CFA or equivalent designation
- Public accounting, private equity, or real estate experience
About Our Company
- 15+ years of progressive work experience
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting for real estate and partnership transactions.
- Knowledge and experience with implementation and oversight of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Comprehensive understanding of real estate partnership investments, development and construction.
- Strong collaboration and leadership experience with the ability to influence effectively and constructively at all levels including with senior management.
- Proven track record of people leadership with demonstrated capabilities of effectively managing large teams.
- Strong project management skills, adaptable, proactive, and with ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated professional, with ability to operate with light oversight, who can thrive in a team and collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications.
Lionstone Investments, a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is a pioneering real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and executes national real estate investment strategies. By using proprietary algorithms and advanced data-analytics, Lionstone Investments can understand the changing ways people in America want to live and work. In addition to our competitive compensation package, we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that celebrates the unique qualities and rewards the contributions of our talented, passionate employees.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.