Vice President - Capital Formation
- Houston, TX, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
- 10 Dec 18
About Lionstone InvestmentsLionstone Investments is a data-analytics driven real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and execute
About Lionstone Investments
Lionstone Investments is a data-analytics driven real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and executes national real estate investment strategies using proprietary algorithms and advanced analytics to understand the changing ways people in America want to live and work.
Primarily externally focused. Collaborate with relevant Lionstone teams to advance the Firm’s capital agenda and meet with clients, prospects and/or intermediaries to explain the investment philosophy, process and performance of specific real estate investment products. Provide updates on the performance of relevant investment vehicles, the Firm’s economic outlook and trends in the real estate and capital markets.
o Continue to grow and gain expertise in the real estate investment products, strategies and investment vehicles being marketed by Lionstone Investments.
o Internal Collaboration-with professionals from Lionstone’s Capital Formation, Investments and Portfolio Management teams.
o Assist in managing capital raising initiatives across the firm’s investment strategies by investor relationship development.
o Potential Investors-meet with clients, prospects and/or intermediaries to explain the investment philosophy, process and performance of specific real estate investment products.
o Existing Investors -provide updates on the performance of relevant investment vehicles, the Firm’s economic outlook and trends in the real estate and capital markets.
o Networking by attending relevant industry conferences.
o Support the Lionstone Head of Capital Formation in the growth of investor capital and the formation of new investment vehicles.
o Oversight of project management during the development of new vehicles.
o Oversight of codification of strategy/structure/sponsor messaging, marketing/sales materials, fund documentation, compliance, investor due diligence and closings for the investment vehicle; Assist Head of Capital Formation with oversight of quality control and consistency in Lionstone’s brand and message.
o Oversight of creation of pitch presentations.
o Deliver pitch presentations.
o Communications liaison for the company (all investor materials) to external clients and investors.
o Review collateral produced by Capital Analyst and Marketing Manager to ensure corporate compliance as it relates to company marketing material.
*Collaborate with the Head of Compliance to ensure ongoing compliance of regulatory and legal requirements for assigned product lines.
*Negotiation and management of required contracts and service level agreements with third parties needed in conjunction with delineated responsibilities.
* Actively participate in the growth of the Capital Analyst.
* Oversight of data base for contacts and data on investors.
* Oversight of Capital Library ensuring analyst data and updates are maintained accurately.
* Give consistent feedback and create learning opportunities for the Capital Analyst.
* Contribute to performance evaluations for the Capital Analyst.
* Maintain relationships and market data with industry peers.
* Oversight of maintenance of the Capital Tracking report and other internal information & reporting; present to executives and firm as appropriate.
* Contribute to capital markets research for the House View.
* Assist Head of Capital by providing input for the annual budget as it pertains to marketing and events related to capital and client projects.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Executive level professionalism
* 5+ years of investment/financial services expertise
* 3+ Years Project management
* Demonstrated success in presentation and influence skills
* Microsoft Suite proficiency
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications
* Ability to multi-task, think ahead and meet deadlines
* Highly organized
* Conflict resolution skills
* Uses good judgment to appropriately handle or escalate issues
* Ability to accommodate heavy travel schedule when required
* Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
* Commitment to excellence
* A team orientation and collegial mentality
* Proactive thought process and self-initiative
MBA/MPA is preferred but not required
7+ years of investment/financial services expertise-preferably with commercial real estate (but not required)
5+ years people management
5+ years project management
Series 7 license
Series 24 license