VP, Data Operations Transformation Lead
The Data Operations & Transformation Lead
will play a pivotal role in our strategic transformation from a people intensive manual data collection organization into next generation highly automated data collections. You will be tasks to work with managers across our data and engineering organizations to develop the vision and strategy for a highly automated organization that sources and transforms data to feed our data scientists, molders and analysts. With the end product delivered to our customers.
These efforts are occurring within the broader context of major strategic initiatives to extend our market leadership and build next-generation market data and analytics products that are powered by our World Class datasets. In short, the Data Operations & Transformation Lead will lead fundamental organizational and operational changes of data operations and strategy while partnering with engineering to building the next generation of data tools with modern could based technology.
The ideal candidate must be technical enough and up to date with modern technology to automate manual data collection processes. In addition the ideal candidate should be experienced in implementing ML/AI to automate manual data quality operations.
In addition to being technical, the candidate will manage and direct the existing data operations directing multiple global teams as they source data to feed our client facing products. Must have the ability to function as a data leader, agile coach and have an excellent customer focused attitude to lead our data sourcing teams. As Head of data Operations you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the following: Responsivities:
- Data Collection\Sourcing: Mange a team that sources data from thousands of external data sources. Team consists of both manual and automated operations.
- Data Transformation: Mange a team that transforms data based on business rules.
- Data Quality: Mange a team that ensures the external sourced data is of top quality.
- Data Operations: Manage the 24x7 data collection/sources, transformation and quality job. Ensure the jobs all always running and sourcing high quality data. Immediately fix any broken data jobs so there is Zero customer impact. Develop data metric dashboard to report our to executive leaderships.
- Process Automation: Relentlessly, automate manual work. Relentlessly reduce the time it takes to source, clean and transform data, every second counts.
- Agile: Operate the organization following agile principles.
Partner, collaborating and aligning with Technology, Product Management and customer-facing peers will be a key in identifying what needs to be develop so we are always delivering value to our customers. As a strategic partner with the business this position will lead the creation of a roadmaps for data to enable the business and drive revenue growth at the same time.
This position will require managing and building off-shore teams. Transform data operations in high cost locations via automation and leverage our global office locations.
Additional Responsibilities: Development Management Agile Responsibilities
- Provide constant coaching to the agile teams in the program
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
- Have effective 1:1's with your direct reports
- Ensure managers and their team members work at capacity to ensure deadline are meet
- Ensure agile teams estimate effort by breaking down components into work items
- Occasionally get into the user stories and code to validate automation direction and design
- Review their team's Kanban and ScrumBan boards weekly and ensure the teams operate efficiently and meet sprint goals
- Attend your team's Sprint Reviews
- Resource your projects and if needed create new teams. The PMO helps facilitate but the accountability for project resourcing is with you
- Continually work on process improvement
- Provide agile reports to executive management
- Work closely with application support to ensure escalated items are addressed accordingly
- Ensure production operations of 99.99% uptime
- Partner with infrastructure to efficiently manage the AWS environments. Implement elastic infrastructure to control costs.
- Stay current with modern data collection and processing technology
- Workforce planning
- Experience partnering with Technology and Product Management in an agile environment
- Prior experience running global data operations
- Experience with SQL and No SQL big data technology
- Management of high performance agile teams
- Management of on-shore and off-shore teams
- Owl DQ
- Extensive SQL and No SQL big data technologies
- AWS serverless development
- BPM Software, Workflow Tools
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Sciences
- Preferably at least 8+ years of data operations experience
- Experience managing an agile environment
- Experience with global teams
- Advanced knowledge automated data tooling
- Ability to collaborate and brainstorm in a team environment
- Technical certification is a plus
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $180,000 to $411,300. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
268165 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States