GEPS Editor - Technical Researcher
The Latin America GEPS (Global Exploration and Production Services) Editor is responsible for sourcing all E&P data, responding to client questions, assisting sales and consulting, and writing GEPS articles, Weekly Highlights, and Country Reviews. The incumbent represents S&P Global in direct contact with government bodies throughout Latin America. The position reports to the Director of the Americas Regional Teams and may have supervisory responsibility 1- or 2-line staff. The Team:
Our team works in a collaborative environment with multiple teams across the upstream space to increase the quality of our deliverables and develop new ideas.
- We are considered an SME in the industry and being a team player is crucial in this role.
- Compilation and update of GEPS report including the meeting of publishing deadlines.
- Coordination of data management projects of the regional team.
- Knowledge and experience of exploration and production upstream to midstream activities and processes.
This is a key role, reporting the exploration and production activity in Latin America countries. The successful candidate will be keen to apply strong analytical and communication skills to developing a deep understanding of the E&P industry, realizing valuable relationships with existing and potential clients, and producing high quality in-depth reports to support the critical business decisions of our customers. What's in it for you:
- Liaison with multiple groups across upstream - Exceptional team and great collaboration
- High quality, supportive professional environment
The main duties of the position and the background required of a successful candidate are:
What We're Looking For:
- Compilation and update of GEPS report including the meeting of publishing deadlines. Research and analytical capabilities with the ability to locate, interpret, and leverage a variety of information.
- Continually looking for new sources of historical and current data including data that will assist other departments of S&P Global. Work closely with the Data Management Team on acquiring historical data.
- Advise clients (internal and external) in all aspects of the energy industry in the region.
- Represent S&P Global either directly or in a supporting role in business transactions in the region.
- Demonstrate S&P Global regional expertise through both written and oral presentations.
- Desire to work in collaborative, team-centric environment
- High degree of independent thinking plus the ability and initiative to learn new software applications, procedural tasks, and workflow.
- A bachelor's degree in a Geoscience discipline, e.g. Geology, Geophysics or Engineering. A Master and / or PhD degree will be a plus. IT skills including the use of databases and GIS systems, MS Office software.
- More than 10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry in LATAM region. Experience in Latin America countries will be key.
- Ability to prioritize multiple objectives and work to deadlines.
- Good English communication skills with the ability to make presentations and write reports. Portuguese and Spanish will be a plus.
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Houston, TX; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Bogota, Colombia; Mexico City, Mexico Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $71,000 to $90,0 00. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
287429 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States