Staff Fund Accountant
Responsible for the accounting, reporting and treasury functions for assigned investments/funds. Responsibilities
• Create and post general ledger journal entries.
• Perform various treasury functions, including processing wire transactions, monitoring and reporting daily cash activity, and maintaining fund level accounts payable.
• Review monthly property management reports and perform balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Prepare and record capital calls and distributions.
• Perform quarterly close activities, financial analysis and investor reporting.
• Prepare external audit support and schedules. Coordinate with auditors throughout the audit cycle.
• Prepare debt covenant compliance and reporting.
• Perform ad-hoc analyses as assigned and assist with special projects and ad hoc requests, as needed. Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with 1-3 years of progressive accounting experience.
• Motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail.
• Microsoft Suite proficiency, with significant experience and use of Excel.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize efficient workflows, and meet deadlines.
• Proven capability to effectively interact and communicate with colleagues in all levels of the organization with professionalism and respect.
• Professional aptitude to identify and resolve conflict. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with MRI.
• CPA designation or equivalent designation or working towards designation, highly desired.
• Real Estate industry experience.
• Public accounting experience.