Sr. Software Engineer-Java
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
Asa Technology Lead/Solution Architect you will be responsible to define thetechnology strategy and technical stack in compliance with the directiondefined by CT architecture team. Architecturally significant technologydecisions will need to be presented to management and central architectureteams for approval and for negotiated decisions. You will need to providearchitectural and technical guidance to development teams in the US, UK andIndia. Responsibilities:
Help teams on the technical design and development of complexapplication systems using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Help establish modern engineering best practices across theorganization.
- Establish design patterns for micro services/cloud implementationsand provide architecture and implementation guidance.
- Help align with firm data management standards and ensureapplications within the portfolio are in line with those standards.
- Provide architectural guidance and implementation support for theapplication teams across the portfolio.
- Communicating pros and cons of your architectural decisions to thetechnology team and senior management.
- Quickly come up to speed with the firm and LOB Control Proceduresfor application development and deployment.
- Provide guidance to technology teams related to Control Proceduresthat are followed to ensure a smooth delivery of the application to production.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Strong expertise withTomcat, Java8, Spring MVC, PL/SQL and Oracle based applications running on VSI/PSIor Cloud platform.
- Strong experience inJava frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, MyBatis.
- Prior experience workingwith cloud technologies such as Cloud Foundry or AWS is a must.
- Prior experience in container platforms such as Docker/Kubernetesis a plus.
- Prior experience in UI Frameworks such as React JS or Angular JSis a plus.
- Experience with TestDriven Development, XP, User Centric Design is a plus.
- Experience with Microservices architecture pattern, Domain Driven design is a plus.
- Experience with Datamanagement standards such data governance/data quality is a plus.
- Experience with
- Experience withContinuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Experience of code versioning tools,such as GIT, SVN.
- Experience with searchengines like Elastic Search is a plus.
- Strong knowledge ofdesign patterns and industry standards.
- Strong expertise workingwith geographically dispersed teams and demonstrated ability to deliverresults.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead/manage discussions with varied levels of management and engineers.
- Excellent influence, negotiation and presentation skills.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.