Sr Research Associate
The Sr, Research Analyst functions as a core member of the research team to provide quantitative research support, analyzing information and data, writing reports and assisting senior research staff in creating reports and contributing to consulting projects and supporting events.
The Sr Research Analyst will be expected to provide thought leadership and utilize knowledge of their assigned disciplines to produce carefully vetted, quantitative products and written work.
• As a member of the local analyst team, produce research and analysis reports for assigned segments of the Cost and Technology (C&T) team.
• Continuously develop subject matter expertise in assigned C&T practice or focus areas and expand knowledge into related fields/disciplines by actively contributing to research base and pursing activities/work in various disciplines and staying abreast of current/hot topics and contributing to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge.
• Respond to client research-related questions of various complexity in assigned C&T segments by providing thought leadership and timely insight and utilizing resources and judgement to address questions and/or refer questions to appropriate staff in a timely manner to provide customer delight in situations of one-on-one client needs.
• Support senior researchers activities by producing deadline-driven, quick-turnaround analysis and research for site visits, consulting projects, and client presentations.
• Build associated C&T segment cost models, including estimating and forecasting of key cost trends and market values; identify various supply and demand trends and providing analysis that contributes to research reports and presentations
• Through industry periodicals and external data sources; process, synthesize and integrate diverse inputs to support accurate, insightful and in-depth C&T retainer research.
• Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working under the direction of a consulting project leader, seeking out peer review of materials and by providing subject matter expertise in areas of assigned disciplines to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
• Bachelor's degree with relevant industry/research experience; graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting
• Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and have solid problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills for activities of moderate complexity.
• Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
• Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels of business in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful.
• Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers
• This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use.
• This position may be required to travel on a limited basis - 5 to 10%; for events, round tables and client visits and other business related needs.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.