Sr Research Analyst II
The Sr. Research Analyst II functions as a core member of the research team to provide quantitative research support, analyzing information and data, writing reports and assist senior research staff in creating reports and contributing to consulting projects and support events. The Sr. Research Analyst II will be expected to take initiative in identifying and solving more complex problems independently and utilize knowledge of their assigned disciplines to produce carefully vetted, quantitative products and written work.
• As a member of the local analyst team, produce research and analysis reports for assigned segments of the IHS Capital Cost Services (CCS) and Market Survey System (MSS).
• Continuously develop subject matter expertise in assigned CSS & MSS practice or focus areas and expand knowledge into related fields/disciplines by actively contributing to research base and pursing activities/work in various disciplines and staying abreast of current/hot topics and contributing to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge.
• Respond to client research-related questions of various complexity in assigned CCS & MSS segments by providing thought leadership and timely insight and utilize resources and judgement to address questions and/or refer questions to appropriate staff in a timely manner to provide customer delight in situations of one-on-one client needs.
• Support senior researchers activities by producing deadline-driven, quick-turnaround analysis and research for site visits, consulting projects, and client presentations.
• Build associated CCS & MSS segment cost models, including estimating and forecasting of key cost trends and market values; identify various supply and demand trends and providing analysis that contributes to research reports and presentations
• Through industry periodicals and external data sources; process, synthesize and integrate diverse inputs to support accurate, insightful and in-depth MSS retainer research.
• Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working under the direction of a consulting project leader, seeking out peer review of materials and by providing subject matter expertise in areas of assigned disciplines to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
• Bachelor's degree with relevant industry/research experience; graduate degree preferred. .
• Minimum of 3 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting
• Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and have solid problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills for activities of moderate complexity.
• Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
• Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels of business in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful.
• Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers
• This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use.
• This position may be required to travel on a limited basis - 5 to 10%; for events, round tables and client visits and other business related needs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy. IHS Markit is a participant in E-Verify (see links below)
. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.