Software Engineer- Energy C /Python
We are seeking a technically strong, disciplined developer having design and implementation experience. Working closely with QR, Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams, you will be called upon to deliver quality code in a fast paced environment that evolves as business opportunities present themselves.
Example of projects include:
- marking tools for the traders to mark where they see products in the market trading
- live risk tools which show the traders their real time risk and pnl (profit and loss)
- analytic tools for the traders to view data in a way that helps them analyze the market to make good trades.
- reporting tools which help the sales/trading automate reports to send to them and the clients
- day to day support of the trader's business functions
- assisting the traders and sales people directly to generate revenue
The platform is a python-based one although python skills are not a strict requirement. The Houston team integrates within a more global one (with Singapore, New York and London), mirroring the business set-up.
- Strong technical skills are an absolute must - ideally python (Athena).
- Process design and technical architecture.
- Project management skills to assess work items, break them down and assess amount of work.
- Ability to coach, teach and document.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.