Site Reliability Engineer- Big Data Platform
As a SiteReliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineeringdiscipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineeringsolutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software developmentfocuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducingwork through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with adiverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In thisenvironment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by anorganization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn andgrow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications andsystems.
The SRE team runs,maintains and improves the Big Data Platform against established Service LevelObjectives by applying software engineering practices. It is responsible for theavailability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacitymanagement of their services, with special emphasis being placed on theautomation of the processes/workload in support of the above. The SRE team isalso responsible for the operational support of the Big Data infrastructure,with emphasis being placed on the ability to submit outage/issue/incident datainto a design and SDLC feedback loop to ensure maximum automation and outageavoidance Responsibilities:
- Develop,test and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Troubleshootpriority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems
- Work withdevelopment teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainablesoftware releases
- Performanalytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues andtake proactive actions
- Build anddrive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Lead andparticipate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities foroptimization, and capacity demands
- Participatein the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
- Masteryin at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) withrespect to designing, coding, testing , and software delivery
- Adept inthe development of automated tools, systems, and services in multipletechnology domains
- Advancedknowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloudservices, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems)
- Proficiencyin service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
- Knowledge/experience inHadoop environment administration, release deployments to HBase, supervisingHadoop jobs, performing cluster coordination services will be preferable
- Experience withUnix/Linux administration, Unix scripts and platform level orchestrationscripting
- Knowledge of DBtechnologies (Oracle, MS SQL DB, Sybase, etc)
- Familiarity with ControlM and AutoSys job scheduler
- Knowledge and experiencein Web based applications / architecture (Certificates, IIS, WebServices)
- Knowledge of GIT,BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and Continuous Deliverytools.
- Knowledge of Loadbalancing, IP, DNS
The ChiefTechnology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top qualityengineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management andprocesses as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us aleading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around theworld.
When you work atJPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutionsthat will not only transform the financial services industry, but also changethe world.
At JPMorgan Chase &Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building atechnology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourageprofessional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of aglobal technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of peopleand companies all around the world, we want to meet you.