Senior Product Manager, Americas Gas & Power
The Role: Senior Product Manager, Americas Gas and Power
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who will play a substantial role in creating and executing the product roadmap for Americas gas and power product development in the S&P Global Platts business. This includes the development of our digital product offerings using Agile methodology and the delivery of products that bring tangible value to our customers across our platform, including web, mobile apps and data feeds. The role will oversee and drive all product development related to Americas gas and power on our Platts Dimensions Pro platform which represents one of the fastest growing areas of the Platts product portfolio. In this role you will work with different business functions such as sales, editorial, analytics, product marketing and technology to develop and execute a customer-centric roadmap using the Agile/Scrum framework. Grade (relevant to internal applications only):
11 The Location:
Denver, Houston, NYC The Team:
As part of the Global Gas and Power team you will help drive alignment with stakeholders in technology, sales, marketing, operations and the broader product management group to:
What's in it for you:
- Assess and size market opportunities to feed into your product strategy
- Support go-to-market activities with colleagues in our sales and marketing organization once your product(s) are launched to ensure successful commercial outcomes/adoption
- Support product positioning by developing and delivering thought leadership through marketing activities, conference participation, customer engagement and showcasing our deep North America gas and power analytical capabilities.
Core Focus: Lead Americas Gas and Power Product Development
- S&P Global Platts creates over 10,000 daily assessments used for 1,500+ cleared financial instruments that transact in excess of $10 billion every day. We stream over 20,000 bids, offers and trades a month from more than 450 of the top commodity trading companies globally. Furthermore we create market moving news and insights every day. We serve a critical role by providing price transparency and market commentary to the global commodity markets.
- The role offers unrivalled exposure to global commodity markets, a unique perspective on the value of power news, prices, analytics and data across all global regions, and the ability to shape and build how the power information market evolves to ultimately drive revenue by meeting the needs of our customers as well as identifying and penetrating news markets.
- Interact with existing clients and market participants to solicit product feedback, determine industry trends/pain points and create a product roadmap to ensure client and market needs for Americas gas and power content and tools are met
- Lead internal and external product roadmaps around Americas gas and power, present future enhancements and well as legacy platform retirement plans to senior management and advocate for resources utilizing S&P Global Platts' proprietary internal resource allocation techniques
- Deliver strategic plan that enables long term success of Americas gas and power news, prices, analysis through a variety of delivery mechanisms including APIs
- Work with the Global Gas and Power team to support the identification of new datasets, features, synergies and markets to ensure broader cross selling among various Platts products
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Define success metrics and use data to drive decision-making and present both financial and technical points of view to c-suite
- Write effective user stories and act as Project and Product Owner when required to provide the business vision and direction to Agile developments teams
- Create, maintain and prioritize product backlog according to business value and/or ROI
- Transition and evolve existing Americas gas and power product portfolio from legacy delivery mechanism into our single technology platform as well as other delivery mechanisms such as mobile and data feeds
- Develop and execute on Go To Market plans for product rollout/launches
- Engage with customers and analyze customer feedback and product usage in order to feedback implications to overall product roadmap
- Work closely with all stakeholders and commercial organization to identify opportunities and agree on sales plans
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What we're looking for:
Being held accountable for execution, tangible deliverables and measurable success are common in your past. You are able to demonstrate experience of successful delivery on scope, in time, and on budget. Basic qualifications:
- 5-7+ years product management experience preferably at a commodity information, oil/gas, or financial technology company or as Subject Matter Expert in Americas Gas and Power industry
- Strong customer mind set with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience by creating a partnership mentality
- Proven track record of creating product roadmaps and executing against these roadmaps
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience with business change, designing and executing complex, business critical, processes into an established environment
- High technical literacy with real time delivery platforms and toolsets with understanding of core solution differences
- Fundamental understanding of Americas Gas and Power market, industry experience a bonus
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261794 Posted On:
Centennial, Colorado, United States