A top European energy powerhouse is seeking a Senior Market Risk Analyst to spearhead front line risk management and drive strategy for a budding, but growing risk management team based in Houston, TX. The firm carries an expansive global energy portfolio across oil, gas, and power sectors.
A top European energy powerhouse is seeking a Senior Market Risk Analyst to spearhead front line risk management and drive strategy for a budding, but growing risk management team based in Houston, TX. The firm carries an expansive global energy portfolio across oil, gas, and power sectors. Excitingly, the firm is actively developing their third party trading arbitrage across products and speculative paper trading for the U.S., while maintaining a strong refining ability/system trading around Europe. The commodity firm has $80B in market capitalization and over $100B in turnover.
This leading upstream company with a market capitalization of $80B and over $100B+ in turnover is targeting an energy professional with a great understanding of commodity markets/products and an excellent grasp of the market risk domain skill-set. On a day to day, the Senior Market Risk Analyst will perform risk management for crude, gas, and refined product lines. Responsibilities will include performing PnL analysis, ensuring adherence to established risk limits, validating & approving trades, performing mark to market, etc.
The Senior Market Risk Analyst will mentor 3 junior analyst and will be expected to drive team strategy with the Director of Market Risk.
- Lead middle office and risk management initiatives for the U.S. arm covering the oil, gas, and refined portfolio
- Perform key risk driver analysis, risk profiling, risk aggregation, and model development
- Conduct and deliver daily PnL and MTM while understanding and working closely with a team of traders
- Ensure adherence to established risk limits and verify risk parameters
- Validate all transactions into the risk management system and mitigate any discrepancies
- Further develop and mentor a junior but growing risk management team
- Spearhead risk strategy together with the Director as the firm continues to expand operations
- 2-10 years experience in market risk management capacity
- Expertise in the commodity market, specifically for oil and gas
- Market Risk Domain skill-set (VaR, PnL, MTM, etc.)
- Knowledge of various risk systems (Endur, Symphony, etc.)
- VBA and SQL skill-sets required
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self starter with a desire to join a dynamic energy shop with many exciting initiatives on the horizon
- Stellar communication and track record of managing and building teams