Senior Analyst, Strategic Analysis - Base Chemicals
The Senior Analyst of the SimBal Central Team will manage the chemical supply/demand data and integrated long-term forecasts for a major product chain or grouping in the SimBal application as well as all related publications and client deliverables. The role is expected to grow with the continuing development of SimBal and the creation of new commercial products, such as scenario capabilities, recycle modeling, and direct client access to the user interface.
Specific responsibilities include the coordination and verification of input data, ranging from production costs, freight, capacity projects and historical production, to product-specific demand forecasting, and trade data reconciliation; adjustments of the product control data for the simulation runs in SimBal; verification and confirmation of simulation results; and updates of associated reports and related commercial products.
The Senior Analysts will be part of a new global multi-disciplinary team and work closely with chemical product experts worldwide in the production of the supply/demand forecasts and analysis deliverables to IHS Markit clients. The position requires expertise in chemical supply/demand forecasting and database management. Candidates are expected to maintain abreast of global market and technology developments within their product area. Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Update supply/demand forecasts using SimBal simulation capability
- Coordinate data and publication updates with members of the SimBal team
- Manage review of simulation results with regional product experts
- Ensure timely delivery of commercial products to clients
- Provide support for SimBal migration; e.g. testing, audit and training
- Development of SimBal functionality in cooperation with Platform team and developers
- Contribution to the development of new commercial products and enhancements of existing commercial products
- Contribute to related strategic studies and consulting projects
- Interface with and support clients subscribing to related IHS Markit services
- 5-8 years' experience in data research & market analysis, consulting or database management related to the chemical industry.
- Bachelors' degree, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, economics, statistics, or business.
- Strong analysis and database manipulation skills, including the ability to creatively problem-solve as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including advanced expertise in Excel.
- Organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks and to effectively prioritize under pressure towards tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken at a business level.
- Above average communication skills to include writing, interpersonal and listening as well as presentation skills.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.