The Sales Associate's main responsibility is to generate sales revenues within the Maritime and Trade business line by proactively identifying, qualifying and closing new business. They will be accountable
for comprehensive account penetration, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with decision makers within the customer's organization.
General Job Duties:
- Sell across the Maritime & Trade portfolio of data assets in order to achieve and exceed new business targets
- Have a clear understanding of the unique value proposition that Maritime & Trade data assets represent and be able to communicate and represent to clients
- Able to sell solutions rather than products and have the ability to quickly identify and answer customer pain points
- Work with Industry Solutions and Marketing teams to identify new business and white space opportunities
- Prepare and confidently deliver in person presentations to senior audience, including VP and C-level decision makers.
Specific Job Duties:
- Grow a book of business within Maritime & Trade Americas Team by canvassing for new business in specific regions/industry sectors
- Strong focus on new business acquisition includes qualifying or disqualifying opportunities
- Identify revenue drivers and metrics to focus on increasing account volume, profit and penetration
- Understand the solution sales cycle and challenges including competitor tactics, and then leverage the knowledge to refine sales strategies
Prepare proposals, contracts and other documentations including trial agreements and confidentiality agreements as needed
- Give the highest priority to customer satisfaction by maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with all customers including Handling billing, and contractual questions
- Travel regularly within defined territory to ensure sales objectives are exceeded
- Complete CRM discipline is required where all deals need to be updated on regular basis to maintain accurate forecasting and insure visibility across the business line
- Internal communication and reporting, provide ongoing feedback from clients to Sales and Product Management
- Bachelor's degree desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- At least 1 year of sales experience
- 1 year of experience in selling data is a plus
- Demonstrated success in closing large and complex sales, involving multiple stakeholders alongside negotiation and relationship building skills.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.