Research Analyst, North American Natural Gas The Location:
S&P works on a hybrid work schedule, however; the ideal candidate will be based in one of the following cities- Denver, Houston or Washington D.C. The Team:
S&P Global Commodity Insights is looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented individual to join our North American Natural Gas research team. The Research Analyst will work alongside a broad range of energy industry experts to develop independent, in-depth, fundamentals-based outlooks to help inform our clients on the key market drivers and shifts in the North American natural gas market. The Impact:
This individual will provide quantitative and qualitative research, create reports, stay current on major events taking place in the natural gas industry and respond to client questions and queries. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Evaluate, model, and analyze natural gas market fundamentals including analysis of supply, demand, prices, transportation, and various other factors.
- Lead or contribute to regular reports that communicate key market drivers and fundamental shifts in the natural gas market.
- Deliver insights through written reports, presentations, and client interactions.
- Carry out topical research to help clients understand drivers, trends, competitive landscape, and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients to understand their needs in addition to ensuring they know the capabilities of S&P Global Commodity Insights.
- Interface with other experts in the region to ensure consistency in S&P Global Commodity Insights research across different markets and functional areas.
- Respond to client inquiries by phone or email, briefings to clients, and travel to meet clients and make presentations.
Compensation/Benefits Information (This section is only applicable to US candidates):
- Undergraduate degree in economics, statistics, business, engineering or related discipline; a graduate degree would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, forecasting skills, Excel expertise and the ability to work with large data sets are a requirement. Data mining, programming (VBA, SQL), econometrics, forecasting, and Power BI skills would be a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate in a matrix organization.
- Attention to detail with the ability to ask insightful questions and develop answers to a broad range of questions.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $60,000 to $105,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
280440 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States