Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced-and friendly-financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
Assist financial advisor(s) and associate financial advisor(s) in managing and organizing office work flow with an emphasis on account servicing and case management. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year based on experience and licensing Responsibilities Responsibilities - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor(s) and operations management. Trading and account services - 50%
Client case management - 50%
- Processing client wires and money movement requests
- Executing, monitoring and verifying trades as directed
- Preparing investment applications
- Processing and tracking new business, payments and investments
- Frequent back office and advisor team communications
- Performing general account maintenance
- Documenting and tracking outgoing and incoming mail (USPS/UPS)
- Attend client meetings and prepare summaries if necessary
- Research questions from clients and provide responses for the advisors, as it relates to servicing their accounts
- Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy
- Prepare summary of client accounts and notes for advisor review and use in client meetings
- Update client financial data for annual review of accounts and goals
- Prepare client goal analysis using Naviplan and/or MoneyGuide Pro
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor(s), associate financial advisor(s) and operations management.
About Our Company
- 2+ years of client and account servicing in the financial services industry
- Working knowledge of financial services industry and products
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced and rapidly shifting environment
- Effective and efficient time management
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and preferably Naviplan or MoneyGuide Pro
- Experience working with high-level, busy professionals
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Series 7, 66/63, and TX Group 1 licenses or willingness to acquire licenses within 6 months of start date
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.