QA Automation Engineer - Trading Application
What if you could make a meaningful impact on a global business, all while learning QA from the best in the business? In this role, you can. As a member of our Quality Assurance team, your goal is to ensure that our applications work as they should and meet customers' needs. To accomplish this, you'll join one of our high-performing QA teams. You'll draw on your testing knowledge and creativity to automate test capabilities and design test and maintenance procedures. You'll also tap our existing test frameworks to tackle specific problems. We take a collaborative approach to quality, which means you'll work with experienced developers, managers and business partners across the organization. You'll receive coaching, mentorship and continuous feedback to help you become an even better technologist and professional.
JP Morgan Electronic Trading Technology's Algorithmic Trading group is looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Automation resource to join our QA team. You will be responsible for helping to facilitate the quality testing practices in support of JPMorgan Electronic Trading services. Core responsibilities include identifying areas for improving efficiency, shortening of test cycles, automation of test scripts and recommend solutions for improvement. In this fast-paced, dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to interact with all project stakeholders throughout the SDLC. Ability to assess and forecast test efforts, communicate progress, and develop test tools is a must.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to write automated tests
- Detailed understanding of common defect and data-management tools
- Advanced knowledge of software lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile, and test automation strategies
- Experience working effectively with teams and stakeholders to develop relationships and achieve common goals
- Proficiency in a business function, and some understanding of the broader business context
- Thorough technical and operational knowledge within the QA area of responsibility
- Background or working knowledge on developing Automation test scripts
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix
- Knowledge in shell scripting for Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of Algorithmic trading
- Working knowledge of Python is a plus
- Scripting experience in Cucumber is a plus
- Performance testing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the FIX protocol
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovatorslike you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service theworld's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll developsolutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393billion in deposits. CIB providesstrategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity inmarkets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech organizations. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will not only transform thefinancial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, andoffer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.