Python Software Engineer
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Python programming language
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Expertise with web frameworks like Django, Flask, Tornado
- Knowledge of ORM such as SQLAlchemy
- Experience with unit test libraries, e.g. unittest, nose, pytest
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Mindset to work with highly sensitive data and appropriate controls framework
- Strong knowledge of services, micro-services, REST
- Familiarity with Banking and Financial Services or similarly complex business domain is beneficial
- Hands-on experience designing and building large scale web/desktop and mobile platforms which are systems of record. These applications & services should have been built leveraging some of the following technologies:
- Database Servers - Experience with Oracle or other RDMS
- Service Oriented Architecture - experience with designing APIs, Messaging, Caching
- Cloud - understanding of public and private cloud
- Exposure to Full Stack development and front-end web development is a plus
- Understanding of secure coding practices
- Strong understanding of DevOps and software products lifecycle
- Exposure to cloud technologies - Docker, Cloud Foundry, etc.
- Proficiency in one more relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc)
- Ability to work in an Agile Team and follow common good practices
- Willing and able to learn the business and understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.