Production/Application Support Management Lead
An Application Support professional's dedication to innovation is essential to what keeps our company moving and thriving. Here, you'll oversee application issues throughout: troubleshooting, maintaining, identifying, escalating and resolving them as needed. You'll ensure that the production changes your team makes are made keeping best practices, lifecycle methodology and overall risk top of mind. Partnering with Infrastructure Service Support team members, you'll dig into root cause analysis, production changes, budgetary and staffing issues. You'll also draw on your experience to manage and mentor people to drive strategic change, both within your team as well as in collaboration with team members across JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global network of innovators.
The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Production Management, Digital Mission Control (DMC) manages digital channel availability on a 24x7 basis. The US day is supported by the teams in Columbus/Houston and the US overnight is supported by Singapore/India teams. The DMC is entrusted with end-to-end monitoring responsibilities of the Digital (online and mobile channels) environment as well as other production management responsibilities. Its aim is to resolve 90% of all digital incidents without escalations and therefore has SMEs present onsite on all shifts 24x7.
- Utilize technical expertise and application knowledge to prevent, mitigate, and resolve production incidents
- Key decision taker in terms of failovers, isolating DC and preserving customer experiences
- Drive monitoring operations visibility through tools such as CA APM (Wily), Splunk and Dynatrace. Provide transparency on the messaging of these tools.
- Leverage Tools expertise to perform targeted triage during major P1 incidents.
- Drive Technical Bridges with information from monitoring tools and other sources
- Act as the liaison between Monitoring team and Incidents Managers for major P1 issues
- Build strong relationships within a large organization - effecting change and trust
- Ability to drive initiatives through reporting, metrics and operational feedback
- Understanding goals beyond that of technology and integrate with business processes
- Team leadership and human capital/talent management responsibilities.
- Flexible and adaptable in response to changing demands
- Responsible for driving continuous service improvements through established processes
- Drive gap analysis and Service Improvement for digital incidents
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proven expertise in application development and support environment with more than one technology and multiple design techniques
- Advanced knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.)
- Understanding of risk controls and compliance to departmental and company wide standards
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goal
- A bachelor's degree in a technology related field
- Very good communications skills - managing global bridges/ writing executive notifications
- Strong technical background with banking technologies - SME in at least two of the technologies; Middleware, Java/J2EE, Unix, DB2, Splunk, Dynatrace, WebSphere, SiteMinder, Web Servers and general Application flows
- 'Customer Obsessed' mindset- preferable from technical support roles and/or professional services
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Experience in working in technology operations - high pressure shift environment
- Strong problem solving skills - probing to understand flow logistics and engage relevant support
- General knowledge of IT infrastructure including networks, storage networks, infrastructure, load balancing, server clustering, databases and application architecture
- Knowledge of the emerging payments technologies and digital wallets
- Proven analytical skills, especially in analysis of complex IT dependencies
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and to collaborate with project teams and technology partners
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.