Product Marketing Manager
: This role will be responsible for the development of product, industry sector and solution messaging, sales enablement assets and go-to-market strategies that are utilized in global and regional sales and marketing efforts. Their market, product and customer insights will help align business priorities and Product Management initiatives within the Sales & Marketing functions. The Product Marketer delivers personas, competitive intelligence, sales enablement assets, and product, sector and solution messaging as well as identify and define broad market themes in support of all global and regional programs and events plus key projects including product launches, enhancements and discontinuations. They will undertake an analytical and data-driven approach to understanding the market by identifying the target audience and matching customer needs to solution opportunities. They will also take an analytical and data enabled approach to validating and communicating the impact of product marketing activities. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Houston, Denver, London Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For Basic Qualifications:
- Work with Product Management leads to understand their strategy and define product marketing strategies to meet business objectives
- Provide a balanced combination of strategic thinking, market knowledge and project management, collaboration with Marketing functions and hands-on application of the marketing strategy.
- Work with Sales leads and Sales Training lead to identify the types of sales enablement materials that are appropriate to support prospect & customer conversations per PRG Sales Methodology application.
- Represent product marketing strategy and objectives in relevant Marketing Taskforces and Commodity Communities
- Optimize and standardize the development of customer value propositions, based on the challenges, wants and needs of target personas in target industries across the team
- Develop simple, highly differentiated and values-based product, sector and solution messaging for the relevant target audience.
- Develop customer-facing assets that map company and solution capabilities to customer needs across different stages of the customer journey, working with the Demand Centre to ensure creation meets demand expectations.
- Analyze metrics to help team identify what is and isn't working
- Consider new and innovative ways to connect with our audience
- Drive continuous performance improvement through the identification, documentation and implementation of product marketing best practices
- Degree in Business, Marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience in industry.
- Proven experience in Marketing or in Product Marketing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
- A strong customer-focused attitude; confident in dealing with multiple departments and senior management within the business.
- Expertise in Product and Solution Marketing.
- Achievement/goal-oriented, collaborative, customer-focused, detailed, persistent, active listener, resourceful, influencer, can-do attitude.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail, with an ability to take the initiative and deliver projects unsupervised.
- Confident to ask appropriate questions to eliciting information to interpret and synthesize information.
- Marketing planning
- Vendor management
- Presentation skills
- Budget management
- Strong B to B marketing experience
- Understanding of emerging data delivery technologies
- Knowledge of the commodity markets a plus
- Experience using marketing automation, Marketo or Pardot a plus
- Experience building and managing retention programs a plus
- Experience working with CRM, salesforce a plus
- Understanding of modern sales and marketing concepts including the following a plus;
- Buying cycles
- Customer lifecycles
- Product lifecycles
- Customer Experience
- Customer Journey
- Complex Sales
- Solution selling
- Inbound Marketing
- Persona development
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), MRKTNG202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
258934 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States