Principle Research Analyst The Team:
Our researchers and consultants gather and analyze critical data from around the globe on chemical markets, processes, companies and future developments in the industries they serve. They provide insights that enable clients to make optimal short-term decisions under conditions of rapid change and uncertainty as well as informed long-term decisions on capital investments and business strategy. Our consultants use proven consulting techniques to develop solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. The Impact:
The Principle Analyst will join our Specialty Chemicals team in California or Houston. The Principle Analyst will join the End-Use product team and will be responsible for researching and compiling multiclient studies within the Specialty Chemicals Update Program (SCUP) suite of reports, in addition to supporting single client consulting work and becoming a recognized expert in the specialty chemicals field. What's in it for you:
The Principle Analyst will develop independent market analyses and insights based on primary and secondary market research, developing their network, expertise and influence within the relevant industries. Responsibilities:
- Timely preparation of high-quality industry reports on a range of chemical products based on interviews with industry participants, review of relevant industry news, examination of analytical and macroeconomic trends, and attendance at industry conferences in their area of specialization.
- Provide valuable insights and expertise in response to enquiries pertaining to their reports and the industries they serve.
- Support consulting colleagues regarding single client studies in the field of specialization.
- Proactively support sales growth through the promotion of Commodity Insights reports and services. Support sales colleagues with opportunities, leads and technical expertise.
- Act as ambassador for the company in the specialized industries, through networking, presentations and journal articles.
- Work effectively as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team (e.g. marketing and sales) and help provide best services to internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related subject.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working within the chemicals market sector, preferably in the field of polymers & elastomers.
- A thorough understanding of chemical markets, including:
- chemical value chains
- market and industry dynamics
- A thorough understanding of chemical products in terms of:
- production processes
- potential replacements
- environmental and health issues associated with chemical products
- Laboratory experience is essential
- Excellent command of English languages in writing.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to assimilate industry and macro-market trends to develop critical market insights.
- Ability to prioritize workload to deliver scheduled multiclient studies, whilst supporting external and internal enquiries.
- Comfortable presenting and discussing industry related topics at all levels of business.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, with an openness to exchange information and methodologies.
- Good commercial acumen with a desire to drive growth and value creation
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 7 The Location:
Remote - California, Houston, TX Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $70,000 to $143,800. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Mobility
turns invaluable insights captured from automotive data to help our clients understand today's market, reach more customers, and shape the future of automotive mobility.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.