Principal Research Analyst
The Principal Research Analyst will be responsible for providing oil and gas industry expertise as well as team leadership on projects within the consulting side of the company.
Focus will be on pressure pumping (primarily frack) market in North America.
Responsibilities would include gathering and synthesizing secondary and proprietary research utilizing internet search and IHS Markit's internal databases and platforms, as well as developing strategic research reports on the unconventional oil and gas supply chain landscape. Having the ability to work as part of a team and independently is a must. We are a small, but growing firm, and research analysts will have the opportunity for this position to translate into one with additional responsibilities and a more active role in strategy consulting work. Desired skills and Experience:
Preferred Education & Experience
- Oversee projects assigned to ensure that the clients' strategic thinking has been translated into actionable goals
- Confer with clients to understand and develop business objectives and strategic direction
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the unconventional oil and gas industry value chain
- Ability to gather, classify, analyze and synthesize information coming from multiple sources and create a framework to address the underlying problem
- Assist with business development activities as needed
- Strong analytical skills combined with synthetic capability
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent team player with a sense of initiative
- The ideal candidate would have energy sector experience and awareness of the business and public policy issues related to energy
- MBA, M. Eng. or equivalent. A combination of quantitative skills and business acumen is preferable
- 3+ years of experience in consulting or consulting-like environment, or the oil and gas industry
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.