North America Power, Renewable RECs Analyst
S&P Global Platts is looking for a Power Pricing Analyst on the North American Power Pricing team. The candidate will be responsible for regional market coverage and publication of daily power indices. This person will work on a team that produces commentaries, analysis, and price assessments related to their regional coverage of wholesale natural gas markets to help customers make informed trading and risk management decisions. Grade:
10 The Location:
Houston, TX The Team:
The Power Pricing team analyzes trade and activity data and incorporates market knowledge in publishing price assessments used by clients. They also report on spot and forward prices and the factors moving markets. The team is collaborative and engages with the market through various mediums, including commentaries, stories, podcasts, blogs, and videos. The Impact:
Our North America (NA) Electric Power team is seeking to expand its team from currently three to four reporters that are responsible for publishing and developing key Platts benchmark assessments of North American power. In addition, the added position will support our expansion of renewable products across North America and Latin America. What's in it for you:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad base of industry contacts
- Engage with contacts regarding pricing and methodology development
- Build cross-commodity knowledge in LNG, oil, natural gas, and coal markets
- Articulate expertise and thought-leadership through a variety of media
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Ensure a consistent implementation of the product including communication internally and externally.
- Work with Market participants to obtain insight to develop new renewable products, including RECs
- Work with Lead and Manager to assist with Review and manage industry feedback on market and methodology issues.
- Drive and support news coverage working with NA team to meet source development strategy.
- Help coordinate external engagement activities and serves as subject matter expert.
- Working with the Power Manager and team this position will work and support the day-to-day assigned tasks.
- Manage new product launches, work with multiple teams including, price, production, operations among others to ensure process and timelines are met
We are looking for someone who is curious about energy markets, able to work within deadlines, and can handle multiple tasks. They should be responsible and accountable, and work to create a positive and collaborative work environment. Basic Qualifications:
- At least two years' experience of reporting, analysis, or editorial experience, particularly of Renewable Energy, Recs Trading markets and platforms.
- Familiarity of regulatory parties and understanding power related policies.
- Ability to work to intra-day deadlines in high-pressure environments. Our processes are daily and we have frequent intraday deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to develop external contacts as market sources
- Strong at identifying and working with multiple teams to implement improvements and efficiencies with processes that continually promote productivity and quality.
- Strong team collaboration and development, as well as personal accountability.
- Accuracy under time pressure. It is critical that we deliver accurate assessments to the market consistently.
- Strong communication skills that implement good listening, clear writing style and strong verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Strong numeracy skills as well as the ability to critically analyse data.
- Strong critical thinking is essential in providing context around market information.
- Detailed knowledge of how Platts assess and covers Power markets. This is to ensure that Platts processes are applied consistently and accurately.
- Proven public speaking abilities. This position will be an internal and external ambassador of what we do and must be an accomplished and confidant speaker.
- Proven internal and external training capabilities.
- Proven real-time news abilities. This position will be at times writing news and analysis on a real time basis.
- Direct knowledge of the North America power and renewable markets is an advantage.
- Presenting skills
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262492 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States