Manage the US residual fuel oil and bunker fuel market coverage, overseeing the team's work on day-to-day basis while also providing longer-term direction. This position is also responsible for our US oil forward curves coverage. This person will develop and manage the staff to give Platts industry-leading coverage of the crude markets in the US and throughout the Americas. Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
Houston, TX The Team:
You are part of a global team. You are considered a subject matter expert in the industry and being a team player is very important in this role, both in the US and with the global fuel team. The Impact:
The managing editor will help provide Platts leadership through in fuel oil and residual fuel markets as Platts looks to maintain and grow its strong position as a benchmark provider. Building on the strong work after the IMO 2020 bunker fuel specification change, this position will be important in driving editorial excellence across the team and growing our relevance and importance in the wider market. What's in it for you:
The managing editor is a great opportunity for somebody to hone and develop their management skills while also making a difference in a key part of the company's front line operations. What We're Looking For:
Leadership skills, delegation, managing team members, presentation skills, mentoring, effective collaboration, Excel, knowledge of oil markets. Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily market coverage of Americas oil markets, including daily price assessments, commentary and news and analysis.
- Take a leading role in development and enhancements to our bunker fuel market coverage in the region, including a personal commitment to engage with stakeholders in the industry.
- Manage directly the other staff on the Americas bunkers team.
- Ensure that emerging market issues which may require further investigation and potential methodology adjustment are highlighted and acted upon in an appropriate time frame.
- Act as the critical "second pair of eyes" function to ensure process is being followed correctly during the assessment process.
- Drive news coverage through the team.
- Administer the day to day running of the team including tasks such as scheduling coverage and holidays.
- Facilitate a healthy flow of communication between the management team and the team.
- Collaborate with the wider global fuel oil team, ensuring we are a cohesive group, working together on a global fuel market.
- Knowledge of how Platts assesses and covers Americas oil markets. This is to ensure that Platts processes are applied consistently and accurately.
- Wider knowledge of US oil trade and markets. A detailed knowledge of the market is required to be able to direct coverage.
- Working to intra-day deadlines in high pressure environments. Our processes are daily and we have frequent intraday deadlines. Efficient running of the team will only be possible if the person filling this position is a master of time management.
- Accuracy under time pressure. It is critical that we deliver accurate assessments to the market consistently.
- Public speaking abilities. This position will be an internal and external ambassador of what we do and must be an accomplished and confidant speaker.
- Proven internal and external training capabilities. This position will be responsible for ensuring a consistent approach to methodology and training, in cooperation with the oil team management will be a big part of this.
- Proven real time news abilities. This position will be writing news and analysis on a real time basis but will also be responsible for driving news in the team.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Spanish language skills
- Chemical understanding of oil products and blending
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $116,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
267789 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States