Java Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group youwill dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businessesand careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologistsdedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing andapplication programming that goes into creating high quality software and newproducts. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders upto speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with anunderstanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such asAgile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharingideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists fromall over the world.
The SRE team runs, maintains and improves the Big Data Platform against established Service Level Objectives by applying software engineering practices. It is responsible for the availability, performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity management of their services, with special emphasis being placed on the automation of the processes/workload in support of the above. The SRE team is also responsible for the operational support of the Big Data infrastructure, with emphasis being placed on the ability to submit outage/issue/incident data into a design and SDLC feedback loop to ensure maximum automation and outage avoidance This role requires a wide varietyof strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Experience in building enterprise web applications using Weblogic/Tomcat
- In-depth knowledge of OOA&D, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, MQ/Series, EJB
- Microservices background, to build new services from existing legacy applications
- Java/J2EE experience to build scalable enterprise application
- JMS experience for messaging in building robust messaging architecture
- Bigdata, hadoop, Spark experience to build the datalake for Everest
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.