Java/Python Software Engineer
As a software engineer within the Global Equity Derivatives Risk Management team you will help drive the delivery of a best in class platform that provides intra-day and overnight pricing, risk computation, and scenario-driven analysis for a wide range of complex financial products.
The successful candidate must be passionate about working in a fast moving environment, collaborating across a global team of multiple disciplines and agile development process. The candidate must be excited about working with new technologies and continually learning and evolving their skillset.
· Collaborate with other members of a globally distributed team to brainstorm and share new ideas / solutions, sharing unique technical expertise.
· Develop specific enhancements and/or build new solutions to fulfill business objectives related to new business requirements.
· Coordinate with other technology teams to ensure that dependent changes are made in other systems.
· Ensure technology solutions meet business and client requirements, that they are robust and supportable.
· Participate in the full Agile Software Design Lifecycle, attending scrums and standup sessions with the local team, following up on code reviews, and ensuring the quality and efficiency of every code deliverable.
· Document release procedures and support notes for deliverables so that support can be handed over to operate groups.
· Provide 3rd Level production support on a rota basis - analyze issues observed in production, provide detailed analysis and recommendations to operate and support groups, and identify opportunities to improve the production system.
· Excellent understanding of Java Core concepts, including memory management, multi-threading, and new language features up to Java 8 or Java 9.
· Knowledge of Java Enterprise technologies, including JMS, JAX-RS, REST based services, Hibernate, Bootstrap, etc.
· Proficiency in Unix/Linux environments, ability to navigate the system, investigate processes and logs, etc.
· Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) using tools such as JUnit and mocking frameworks.
· Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm to work on a globally distributed team.
· Experience supporting production environments, responding to user concerns, and taking ownership of production issues.
· Experience working in a 3rd Level advanced support capacity. Experience with distributed server-side applications.
· Exposure to a range of open-source technologies and cloud computing; including Apache technologies - Tomcat, Spark, Cassandra, Lucene.
· Experience with full development lifecycle and tools, including Git, Jira, Jules, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, TeamCity.
· Experience with Databases - relational as well as No-SQL - Sybase / Cassandra / Mongo DB
· Experience with Messaging Middlewares - Kafka / Qpid / Sonic / MQ / Tibco
· Experience with Continuous Integration Tools - Team City / Jenkins, gradle etc
· Experience of working in financial services / Understanding of equity derivative products
· Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Cloud services.
· Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or other technical major
· Object Oriented Analysis and Design
· Commitment and drive for excellence
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.