Infrastructure Support - Data Protection Backup Engineer
As a member of our Infrastructure Support team, your endlesscuriosity about technology will help you propel innovation and your career.Working in a team of highly motivated people like you, you'll work withcustomers and be accountable for production incidents, problems, changemanagement, internal and external communications, lifecycle management andproduct evolution. You'll help develop functional goals and priorities thatalign with our overall strategy. You'llcollaborate with our talented and dedicated problem-solving technologistsacross the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global network. Key Responsibilities:
This role requires awide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Primarypoint of contact to support incident, problem, change management, risk, vendorand client relationship, internal and external communications, servicedelivery, lifecycle management and service evolution
Supportadministrative functions required to deliver infrastructure inclusive ofplanning, tracking, ordering, reporting, and consumption
Execute theday today duties of their function and to define and drive MIS requirements tosupport and improve the business processes they support
Act asprimary customer interface for day to day issues and queries
Develop andsupport operational activities with automation
Lead rootcause analysis meetings as part of process improvement
Work closelywith peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance forcustomers
Responsiblefor coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Advancedknowledge of NetBackup including the command line environment. Intermediateknowledge of TSM a plus.
- StrongExperience in scripting (shell, Perl, python etc. ) to automate the backupservice requirement.
- 3 years ofexperience with problem resolution in large scale production environment
- Experiencewith Backup provisioning in NetBackup and TSM.
- Familiarwith storage products - Storage Area Networks (SAN), Enterprise Storage Arrays,Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Intermediateknowledge of large scale Enterprise backup solutions
- Knowledgeablein Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX
- Advancedbusiness continuity/resiliency knowledge
- Articulatesthe business value and impact of technical and non-technical information andunderstands when to escalate issues.
- Provideseffective production support including accurate problem identification, ticketdocumentation and customer/ vendor dialogue.
- Deliversproject and process documentation for small-to medium-scale projects and drivescompliance with structured Project Delivery Process.
- Ensuresinformation controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across allenvironments.
- Must have astrong technology background to understand change requests and to recommendalternate solutions.
- Familiarwith agile development methodologies and practices
- Experiencewith ITIL processes - Incident Management and Change Management required
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team ofinnovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined,innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety ofhigh-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient andsecure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-willthrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professional growthand career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career aspart of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the livesof people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.