Incident Management Owner - Technology
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
The CIB Technology Incident Management team is a highly skilled, specialist global team empowered to make critical decisions during technology incidents to recover services for our clients. The team is at the heart of reducing variability in recovery times and is key in protecting the revenues and client franchise for the firm.
As the Incident Owner is a very visible and integral role within this high performing team, you will be empowered to orchestrate incident resolution with minimal business impact and subsequently to ensure all learning from the incident feeds into a continuous improvement discipline.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- 5 years' experience in Technology; Production support experience preferred; Application Development experience a plus
- Prior experience of running the incident bridge for application and/or technology issues.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Incident Management practices, skills and tools
- Broad understanding of technology frameworks across mainframe, midrange and distributed
- General understanding of Financial Services and key drivers of business performance
- Influential and ability to exercise judgment and sound decision-making under pressure
- Ability to influence others across all contributing teams and disciplines
- Strong team player, ability to foster relationships from both a business and technical point of view
- ITIL training and certification preferred
- Committed to process improvement, LEAN and/or Six Sigma training a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.