ICG Technology, Full Time Software Development Analyst (North America - 2021)
Citi's technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we're looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the world does business. Citi's technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi's unmatched globality and vast expertise. Success Profile
As the world's most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We're not just building technology, we're building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us! Creative Analytical Collaborative Productive Adaptable Relationship Expertise Glassdoor Reviews
"Excellent technologists. Great vision of bringing the financial services industry into the 2020. Great place to work for work-life balance." Senior Applications Development Manager, New York, NY
"Great Intern experience, great pay and solid opportunity to end up being a full time after the end of the internship program." Summer Technology Analyst
"I had a great learning experience, good work environment and excellent coworkers. Had the opportunity to escalate my way to the highest position available in my area within 3 years" AVP Operations & Technology, San Juan PR
"Globally diverse and technologically progressive" Director of Software Development, Warren NJ Responsibilities You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Full-Time Software Development Analysts to join the Technology team in NAM. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses- and by utilizing a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy. Technology Analysts participate in an intensive training program, where they receive in-depth education to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role, including the Capital Markets, multiple programming languages, as well as the nuances of Citi's culture.
Our Citi Technology team builds, owns and supports many front-end, middle-tier and back-end applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of dollars in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a "follow-the-sun" model and are required to have their applications running 24/7. Your time here will look something like this...
As a Software Development Analyst, you will work in an agile software development environment, developing quality and scalable software solutions using leading-edge technologies. Based on business requirements, you will develop code consistent with quality standards, and offer support during testing cycles and post-production deployment. To ensure defect-free programming, you will use the appropriate tools to test and debug code, and participate in the review of peer coding.
Throughout the 2 rotations, you will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of technologies, like the following:
* Working on applications in core Java (Threads API, Collections API, Garbage Collection, Java Stream, Lamba Expressions etc.), C# / NET
* Working on latest design and software architecture patterns and frameworks - Microservices, APIs, Spring Core/MVC/Boot/Cloud, REST and so on.
* Working on various SQL and NoSQL databases - Oracle, MongoDB, Neo4J, Redis, HDFS, Cassandra etc. handling various data uses cases.
* Experience in developing low latency/real-time Equity trading platforms, inclusive of algorithmic and systematic complex event processing.
* Working with event streaming/messaging systems such as KAFKA, Solace, TIBCO EMS or other similar middleware
* Working on various BPM and Rule Engine tools - JBPM, Drools etc.
* Working on latest UI technlogies like React JS, Angular etc.
* Learn about best Enginering Excellance practices, Minimum Development Standards and Minimum Operational standards set and followed at CITI.
* Experience with building CI/CD pipelines using software development tools like : JIRA, Zephry, BitBucket, TeamCity, uDeploy, Artifactory, Openshift(ECS/Docker)
* Exposure to Containers using Docker/Kubernetes
* Exposure to Cloud infrastruture,Cloud technologies(PAAS, IAAS, SAAS) We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The 2-year Analyst Program starts in July and begins with 6 weeks of in-class training program. Here at Citi, rotational programs are intended to help you build a broad skillset and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to more than one team in Software Development. Our rotational program will help you discover the best fit for your skills and long-term career goals at Citi We want to hear from you if...
• You are planning to graduate between December 2020 to May 2021 with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or another technology-related degree another technology-related degree
• You have a GPA of 3.0 or above (preferred)
• You are a U.S. citizen, U.S permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future. • You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
• Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
• Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
• Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
• You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature
* Passionate about technology, with knowledge of any of the following being a plus
* Ability to multi-task with sharp problem solving skills
* Strong communicator, able to build relationships and rapport easily
* Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Positive attitude and keen to learn.
* Ability to work under time constraints
Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making