The Role: Emissions Research Analyst The Location:
Houston, Tx The Team:
GHG Analytics, a part of S&P Global Commodity Insights comprises some of the most extensive information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases, software, energy transition insight, energy supply/demand forecasts, and comprehensive data and transactions on the global and regional market levels. The Impact:
The Emissions Researcher functions as a key member of S&P Global's agile and expanding North American GHG Analytics team. The role will enable you to contribute significantly to the firm's expert research and analysis of North American upstream emissions and meet the demanding requirements within a wide range of customers in the upstream and emissions space. What's in it for you:
You will be working with global leaders in the emissions modeling space alongside other researchers, engineers, and economists. You will quickly become a subject matter expert in a new and growing space. You will have access and the opportunity to grow relationships with leaders from the entire Oil and Gas value chain and S&P global. You will be on the cutting edge of technology in emissions research in a position to affect change and drive exciting new projects.
What We're Looking For:
- Contribute to the research, development, and population of a world class emissions model for onshore North American wells.
- Systematically research operations, technologies, and reports to build and maintain emissions information.
- Work closely with colleagues in research, insight, consulting, and customers to provide insight and analysis customers would like to see.
- Continuously develop expertise in a particular area(Oil and Gas GHG Emissions) while expanding expertise with the broader Commodities and Insights team.
- Compare emissions outputs with leading research from a variety of sources.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in an industry related scientific or numerical discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of upstream oil and gas, emissions, forecasting, and/or other related emissions work.
- Understanding of the energy transition landscape with a focus on the evolution of technology, carbon abatement, and methane emissions.
- Highly numerical and analytical with expert level proficiency in Excel, Spotfire, Tableau, or other data visualization software.
- Experience with data science techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience in a similar role with an oil and gas operator, consulting, advisory, or financial institution.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $44,200 to $87,825. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide to our employees, please click here . About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.