Full Stack .NET Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Located in the heart of Houston City Centre, our center is one of strategic, technology hubs globally for Global Investment Banking Technology. Our opportunities offer chance to work on extremely challenging projects using latest cutting edge technologies.
Typical Day in the Life of a JPMC Software Engineer:
- Be part of an Agile team delivering a world-class collaboration, marketing and regulatory platform
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Proactively share knowledge
- Help the team adopt SDLC Automation/DevOps to maximize ROI of technology investments
- Proficiency in C#
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Principles (OOP / OOD/ SOLID)
- Experience in Designing and building data-driven applications applying clean code and architecture principles
- Proficiency with web programming frameworks and protocols including (ASP.NET Core /MVC/React/XML)
- Experience in building web services and API (using WEB API/WCF/Micro-Services)
- Experience in building WPF applications and Office Add-ins
- Understanding of secure coding practices
- Strong understanding of DevOps and software products lifecycle
- Exposure to cloud technologies - Docker, Cloud Foundry, etc.
- Proficiency in one more relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc)
- Exposure to MongoDB
- Ability to work in an Agile Team and follow the practices
- Willing and able to learn the business and understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs
- Self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.