Assists in management of investment performance within given funds, including monitoring portfolio and asset level account performance, ensuring accounts are operating in accordance with governing documents and communicating fund performance with investors. As a Director one serves at the intersection of investor strategy and real estate execution. With exposure to Lionstone's machine learning foundational research, contribute to shaping investment strategies across the risk spectrum and across multiple asset sectors including, but not limited to, office, multifamily, SFR, retail, and mixed-use. Responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of portfolio strategies through annual account business plans and financial performance projections. Attend portfolio review sessions with asset management to ensure that account / asset business plan strategies are being implemented.
- Assist in the preparation of investor communications, including quarterly investor reports, annual business plans, performance updates, and ad-hoc presentation as needed.
- Foster customer centric mission statement, which includes asset/market tours and property communication. Assist in coordinating quarterly and annual client meetings as necessary, providing content and insights consistent with best in class asset managers.
- Manage and run financial models for the firm's funds to include historical and projected asset cash flows, investor contributions/distributions. Create sophisticated analyses for tracking and reviewing returns and performance on Asset and Fund levels.
- Oversee Analysts & Associates on their team, enhancing their skills in real estate strategy, financial modeling, and investor communications.
- Support deal sourcing and underwriting including screening potential deals according to investor acquisition criteria.
- Analyze and make recommendations to adjust third party investment offerings and strategies based on changes in market conditions, investor tastes and preferences, and market opportunity. Work closely with research, field organization and marketing unit in implementing new strategies.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience
About Our Company
- Degree Focus in Business Administration / Finance
- Masters degree
- ARGUS experience
- Excellent analytical skills and Excel modeling capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of private equity, investment risk and capital markets preferred
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Commitment to excellence
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Team orientation and collegial mentality
Lionstone Investments, a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is a pioneering real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and executes national real estate investment strategies. By using proprietary algorithms and advanced data-analytics, Lionstone Investments can understand the changing ways people in America want to live and work. In addition to our competitive compensation package, we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that celebrates the unique qualities and rewards the contributions of our talented, passionate employees.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.