We have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Management Director to join our team at Lionstone Investments! Management of assigned assets and be directly responsible for the operations and client deliverables for assets. Play a role in development and completing property strategies, evaluating operational performance against industry benchmarks, analyzing capital investment decisions and how they impact value, and facilitate preparation of reporting deliverables. Responsibilities
- Handle a portfolio of real estate assets located in select markets throughout the U.S. Support Regional Head of Asset Management to implement platform initiatives. Develop property-level operational strategies and analyze performance, capital projects, and other investor factors impacting asset value.
- Lead development of annual business plans and quarterly asset reports by assisting in the preparation/review of property operating and capital budgets. Review lease submittal packages via VTS, evaluate prospective tenant businesses and credit worthiness, and perform lease financial analysis.
- Handle communications with third-party property management and leasing personnel as well as appraisers, brokers, insurance and real estate tax consultants, and other third party providers as needed.
- Lead in deposition process, hold/sale recommendations to Investment Committee, selection of Investment Sales brokers, coordination with property management / operating partners, and closing. Collect, analyze, and synthesize relevant market reports, lease data, and transaction details for related assets.
- Lead acquisition process by participating in asset management due diligence including leasing reviews, proforma analysis, market and competitive position review, engineering and environmental capital, service contract review. Assist with the selection of property management/leasing teams & assist with the property transition process by working with internal departments.
- Perform detailed quarterly financial statement analysis, review of rent rolls, current and future cash flow and forecasting both present value and cash flows. Ownership of investment models, updating returns and variance to budget analysis, distributions, fees, & promotes. Prepare financial analysis to supervise historical property level results in comparison to industry benchmarks.
- Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as acquiring approvals for lease agreements or significant capital expenditures and coordinating escrow draws. Assist on the origination of new debt and refinancing activity. Coordinate third-party appraisals and be responsible for quarterly internal property valuations.
- Capable of conducting presentations and analysis for Investment Committee, Lionstone Senior Management and/or CTI Senior Management.
- 7+ years of analytical and modeling experience.
- 7+ years of direct real estate experience preferred and understanding of private equity, investment risk and capital markets preferred.
- Sophisticated Excel capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards.
- Dedication to excellence.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- A team orientation and collegiate mentality.
About Our Company
- CoStar, REIS, RCA, VTS experience preferred.
Lionstone Investments, a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is a pioneering real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and executes national real estate investment strategies. By using proprietary algorithms and advanced data-analytics, Lionstone Investments can understand the changing ways people in America want to live and work. In addition to our competitive compensation package, we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that celebrates the unique qualities and rewards the contributions of our talented, passionate employees.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.