Credit Risk - Energy Sector, Associate
Under the direction of senior staff, perform the necessary review/analysis (as generally outlined below) required to assess existing and prospective clients and counterparties for onboarding and execution. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing/Business Assessment Responsibilities:
- Work closely with NAB Originations and Product Partners to identify customer business opportunities and gather required information to complete a business screening, including NBC (as required), and update pipeline report, and conduct internal discussions, as necessary.
- Analyze and review transaction proposals, focusing on structure, terms and conditions and profitability
- Engage as needed and when appropriate with Customer, Agent Bank, Bank Participants, Lawyers and other professionals.
- Coordinate with ACD on initial credit risk screening to determine credit risk appetite / rating to support the business case.
- Prepare credit applications for submission , including but not limited to:
- CDM cover pages, PTC Registrations, Facility Rating Simulations
- Coordinate/Manage all compliance requirements (COI, Reputational Risk, KYC, etc.)
- Ensure all related internal policies and procedures are followed, including sector/industry risk limits
- Work seamlessly with ACD counterparts to coordinate completion of credit assessment, assisting with any required due diligence needed to finalize the credit opinion/approvals.
- Conduct in depth review of all legal documentation, in addition to commitment letters, NDAs, and LOIs, etc. (working with the Legal Department or Outside Counsel, as required)
- Create pricing waiver and profitability projection to assess the business case and secure required internal support and approvals.
- Engage PMO Team, as necessary, to assist with mitigation of risk appetite/returns.
- Monitoring Responsibilities:
- Provide strategy review and related commentary for the purpose of completing the Comprehensive Annual Reviews
- Monitor market movements and news in coordination with ACD & ARM - submitting Form 19, when applicable.
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly PCC materials and updated Exposure Strategies for clients, in coordination with ACD.
- Manage credit issues with the clients - including assessment of requests/changes and restructuring.
- Make recommendations on action/plan to ACD (and senior management, when necessary) as it relates to credit issues/restructuring/exposure management.
- With the support of the PMO team, execute strategies to hedge/reduce exposure.
- Assist with regulatory related requests/meetings/presentations, as needed.
- Assist with audit related requests/meetings/presentations, as needed.
- Administrative Tasks:
- Assist and coordinate onboarding requests, booking requests, and other administrative functions with the Middle and Back Office.
- Respond to various customer requests.
- Assist senior staff with other administrative duties within the team, as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background
- Formalized Credit Training (preferred) from an accredited financial institution
- 3-5 years credit experience in a financial institution/rating agency (financial sector coverage experience preferred)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills and a team oriented person
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.