Credit Administration & Business Development Specialist
About the Team
The Japanese Corporates Group is primarily responsible for supporting Japanese corporate clients doing business in the Americas. The group seeks to enhance Mizuho Bank's global relationships with existing Japanese corporate clients and to target new Japanese clients through their subsidiary and affiliate companies located in the Americas. Members also work with clients of Mizuho, which has strong relationships with many small- and medium-sized companies in Japan. Summary
Provide client support and credit analytical expertise for the Mizuho Representative Office in Houston, TX. Responsibilities
- Communicate with executives and management to gather data, convey information and obtain approvals. Assist in the preparation of management reports and circulate them for approval.
- Assist with client and VIP visitors/meetings including driving to the airport or to meeting location. Attend meetings as an interpreter and to record meeting minutes. Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements. Process expense reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support business development and marketing activities by preparing management reports and documents in both Japanese and English.
- Maintain positive relationships with external clients and key internal stakeholders. Respond promptly to inquiries from clients and internal departments regarding transactions, policies and procedures.
- Plan, implement and adjust tasks to complete work accurately and on time. Set priorities and adjust workload to meet changing needs.
- Maintain the filing system with periodic reviews and updates in order to ensure compliance with internal procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Create desk manuals. Maintain databases and perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist others with administrative duties as necessary. Assist with departmental projects. Participate in audits (internal/external).
- Provide Credit Analytical work for Houston Representative Office: Financial statement analysis of borrowers and their parent companies; preparation of credit applications, for new, renewals, amendments and extensions and also various applications relating to non-credit business such as fee waiver, daylight overdraft, etc; credit rating, both for borrowers and for each facility, credit monitoring including conducting covenant checks; assist in asset quality assessment; research and information gathering related to clients' business, industries and market competitors; correspondence with clients to answer various requests and inquiries; other duties as determined by Deputy General Manager and/or Account Officers.
- Working knowledge of corporate lending and of bank related documents. Good knowledge of operational practices and policies. Good analytical, organizational and mathematical skills. Experience in the preparation of management reports.
- Ability to collect information from a variety of sources. Ability to identify patterns, connections or trends in the information available.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Full business level fluency in in Japanese . Ability to follow specific instructions in both written and verbal form. Ability to follow policies and procedures. Ability to effectively prepare documents (emails, brief memos, standard forms etc.). Ability to present ideas, concepts and other information with clarity and effectiveness. Maintain continuous and open communication with others.
- Good organizational and planning skills. Ability to complete work accurately and on time. Ability to work in a high pressure environment with critical deadlines. Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously, despite numerous interruptions. Ability to establish priorities and complete tasks accurately in a timely basis.
- Client focus (internal/external). Excellent interpersonal skills with proven commitment to quality customer service. Ability to meet customer needs, respond to customer inquiries
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.