Corporate Paralegal and Database Administrator The Grade:
(relevant for internal applicants only) 9 The Location:
New York, NY The Impact:
You will be supporting the legal department with respect to a broad range of corporate matters, taking primary responsibility for maintenance of Blueprint OneWorld database and supporting corporate governance efforts through subsidiary management, transactional, and securities compliance matters. The role will play a key role in the legal department's collaboration with our counterparts in finance, particularly tax, controllership and treasury.
We would love someone who is energetic, business-minded and self-motivated and will have a proven track record working directly with in-house attorneys as well as various finance functions, particularly tax professionals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience utilizing technology to maintain corporate books and records and develop processes for ensuring subsidiary compliance with local corporate and tax requirements. Must possess good judgement and interpersonal skills and a strong ability to operate independently meeting deadlines with minimal supervision. What's in it for you:
The Corporate Paralegal will work in a dynamic, fast-paced, client-facing environment and will have the opportunity to work independently and be part of a legal team that provides crucial support to the organization. The Corporate Paralegal will also be a lynch-pin between the legal and tax teams. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Establish and manage global subsidiary entity information in Diligent Entities/Blueprint OneWorld.
- Prepare various periodic reports regarding our subsidiaries, including (i) regular publication of an organizational chart of S&P Global and its subsidiaries
- Assist with regular review of subsidiaries with local counsel, regional controllers, and colleagues in legal to ensure accuracy of corporate records.
- Provide timely responses to clients' and internal requests for information relating to corporate actions and records.
- File and maintain annual reports for companies qualified in the US
- Coordinate and maintain information received from directors and officers of subsidiaries on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee process for signatures of finalized minutes and corporate actions.
- Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed
- Assist with drafting minutes, agendas, routine legal resolutions and other board documents.
- Maintain custody of minute books and records, approvals, and filings, records of delegated authorities, corporate seal, and board and committee contact lists.
- Preparation and management of power of attorneys and shareholder or other resolutions.
- Experience with Diligent Entities (fka Blueprint OneWorld) subsidiary management database (or similar) required.
- College degree and at least three years of related experience.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Must be eager to engage in training on Diligent Entities/Blueprint on a regular basis to become the Company's go-to resource for a key tool in our subsidiary management process.
- Must be comfortable and eager to develop technological solutions and replicable procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: people-oriented, collegial, and comfortable with frequent client-facing interactions (via e-mail, phone, and in-person).
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with colleagues around the globe.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines, efficiently multitask, and prioritize work for several simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication and business writing/legal drafting abilities.
- Detail-orientated, flexible, creative and self-motivated.
- Able to work in a capacity with strict privacy and confidentiality requirements inside and outside the Company.
- This position requires a team player who can work with limited supervision in a fast-moving environment and who is keen to learn and develop her/his legal and tech skills.
- Comfortable working independently but with ability to identify issues and escalate accordingly.
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Prior experience with subsidiary entity management desired as well as experience working across functional team with representatives from Legal, Tax, Finance and HR.
- Paralegal certificate and/or large law firm experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with board of directors and/or senior officers.
- Experience with ChartIt a plus.
- Prior experience with international corporate entities a plus.
- Notary certification a plus.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $64,100 to $115,850. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit link https://spgbenefits.com/benefit-summaries/us About Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), LGLLGL202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
280912 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States