The Role :
The Consulting Associate Director (Strategy) will focus on supporting the Vice President, Strategy in delivering consulting services globally. This person will manage and ultimately sell large strategy projects. In addition, he/she will contribute to the full range of chemical industry consulting projects as needed. With this requirement in mind, the individual must have the minimum skill set required for "commercial" and Energy Transition-related projects. Location:
Houston, Texas The Team:
This position will be in Houston, Texas, as a member of the chemical industry consulting team serving clients globally. The Impact:
The Consulting Associate Director (Strategy) will:
What's in it for you :
- advise leading chemical and energy sector clients on critical strategic issues and significant business challenges,
- work on complex projects with global teams throughout the extended energy value chain, and
- interact with client senior management in business-critical areas (e.g., growth strategies, M&A-related activities, and Energy Transition initiatives)
- Assist senior clients to address critical issues faced by global chemical industries (e.g., Energy Transition)
- Expand knowledge of the chemical and related industries by working side by side with industry experts
- Develop project proposals, and assist in developing larger ones, under the supervision of the Vice President, Strategy
What We're Looking For
- Plan and manage strategy-related projects and support a broad base of commercial and functional engagements as needed
- Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to existing and potential IHS Markit clients
- Conduct rigorous internal, operational, and financial business analyses
- Perform client, market, and competitor analyses
- Assist other IHS Markit staff in understanding and delivering strategic analyses
- Actively participate in client meetings and workshops, including facilitation
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in chemical-related studies, and an MBA,
- five to ten years of chemical or related industry experience and preferably, two to five years of consulting experience, and
- those with planning, business analysis or investment banking experience will also be considered.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $103,800 to $175,650 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.