: Houston The Team:
You are part of a growing global team. Fast paced, with ever expanding new ways of delivering important market insight and analytics to our clients. The Impact:
The chemical analyst will cover the regional and global chemicals and plastics markets, supporting the Americas chemicals team. They will perform high level analytic work and modeling in order to form conclusions on chemical supply & demand balances, plant operating rates and product trade flows. They will contribute to generate price and margin forecasts and write market reports summarizing assumptions and outlook.
What's in it for you
: This person will play a key role in providing thought leadership and analytics within the Americas chemical team. The successful candidate will be assigned to support one or several of the chemical value chains; olefins, aromatics, methanol, and polymers markets within a highly focused global team. They will have the opportunity to work alongside other skilled analysts, helping to form a consistent and comprehensive view of the regional and global chemical and plastics markets. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to improve their analytical skills and knowledge by interacting with other commodities teams, and groups within the wider S&P Global organization. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Performs high level analysis and modeling. Will develop and improve existing quantitative/analytic models.
- Works closely with other individuals and teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and publications to clients.
- Conducts research including technology, energy transition and plastics recycling, identifying new data sources and statistical analysis of results.
- Support subject matter expert, explaining the relationship between feedstocks, supply, demand, trade flows, and margins.
- Prepares presentations and engages with clients to present analysis.
- Responds to client requests/inquiries for data and analysis.
Compensation/Benefits Information (This section is only applicable to US candidates):
- BA/BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Economics, Finance, Business or other numerate discipline preferred. Equivalent experience within the chemical industry also considered.
- 3-8 years' experience in commodity markets, with 2+ years' experience in data analytics. Previous experience analyzing petrochemical and plastics markets is a plus.
- Expert status in Microsoft office and advanced excel. Working knowledge of Power BI/Tableau, SQL and/or Python is a plus.
- Persistent, with a natural curiosity about chemical market fundamentals and technical details.
- Strong understanding of value chain pricing dynamics, including outright prices, spreads, margins and grade differentials.
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear, concise writing style; and good verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally. Public speaking experience is a plus.
- Works well in a global team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to adjust priorities throughout the day.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $58,300 to $115,850. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographical location as well as experience and qualifications for the role.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here .
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.