C Software Engineer
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
In this role, you will be designing, developing and maintaining electronic trading systems. You will use low-level programming techniques to produce highly optimized, low-latency trading software. You will implement new exchange interfaces to support market data and order management on new trading venue and be enhancing the globally used research platform and help to develop and test strategies.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems.
- Advanced C++ experience required.
- Strong Linux/Unix, Libc, GCC, GDB.
- Experience with Object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of network programming.
- Familiarity with open source software, including Linux kernel/module development.
- Familiarity with performance tools is a plus (perf, oprofile, papi).
- Knowledge of modern CPU architecture.
- Strong scripting skills, python, bash scripting.
- Strong quantitative and statistical analysis and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.