CIB Service Improvement - Problem Owner
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
The Service Improvement team is within CIB Production Management. The team is responsible for Problem Management standards and best practices. The team is responsible for working with the central program team and other LOB's to deliver the Service Now - Problem Management module which will replace HPSM. The team is responsible for initiating, organizing, and orchestrating large-scale thematic programs that solve the biggest, most complex technical problems causing CIB Production incidents and instability. Delivering programs at this scale requires our team to interact directly with colleagues across the CIB including senior leaders within Production Management, Application Development, Global Infrastructure teams and other lines of Business. Current thematic programs include the Feed Stability Improvement program, the Network Optimization program and ESX Remediation.
This is a fascinating time in our industry. Banks must embrace technology and innovation to thrive in the years to come, and we are leading the way. In this role, you will get to:
- Ensure compliance with audit and regulatory requirements.
- Uphold and champion firm-wide and organizational policies, procedures and standards.
- Develop strategies and set priorities that enable successful delivery of and migration to ServiceNow.
- Assist with the delivery of and migration to a new Service Management toolset (ServiceNow) for CIB.
- Proactively identify risks, address issues, and develop mitigation strategies to ensure they do not impede progress.
- Influence and regularly interact with Senior Leaders of CIB Technology, driving large scale programs across 2000 application teams.
- Influence decisions on tools strategy and implement innovative technology based solutions at the bank.
- Partner with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank.
- Be critical in preventing repeat incidents, shifting how we manage problems from proactive to re active.
We areseeking a hands-on Technical Program Manager / Solutions Owner with strong technical experience in application support and/or development,exceptional communication skills, program/project managementexperience and a proven track record of leading and delivering complexprograms/projects who will:
- Provide functional expertise in Service Management disciplines and/or the ServiceNow product.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Problem Management practices, skills and tools.
- Possess experience with Service Now Performance Analytics and Reporting.
- Simplify complex technical problems and concepts into actionable programs/ projects/ actions to be taken across up to 2,000 applications and 14,000 technologists within CIB.
- Perform intense data analysis and identify patterns (AKA thematic problems) using and training our data analytics tool that leverages machine learning.
- Plan out the remediation strategy, roadmap and programs to solve CIB problems.
- Influence Senior Management and stakeholders to approve and prioritize thematic programs above other critical application Stability initiatives, and to commit resources.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Senior Sponsors, stakeholders and Management.
- Drive thematic programs and remediation to successful completion; remove roadblocks.
- Partner with the right global and x-LOB SME's to build the strategy and viable, sustainable solutions for our thematic problems.
- Perform process re-engineering to mature/automate processes where applicable.
- Partner well with Application Development and Production Management teams to understand business impact and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and improvements.
- Meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced team environment while managing activities of more senior people (within work streams).
- Strong Program Management : Breaks down complex challenges into manageable actions, autonomously runs large multi-year programs/projects from beginning to end, and brings energy and commitment needed to drive programs forward
- Process & Quality : Establish Problem Management standards and best practices, driving RCA quality and defining and maintaining appropriate quantitative and qualitative measures to track and improve the effectiveness of the problem management process.
- Technical Expertise & Aptitude : Can quickly understand, analyze and resolve a wide range of thematic issues that may emerge, exuding strong subject matter expertise with other technical experts, impacted parties and Management
- Exceptional Communication Skills : Ability to convey complex messages concisely, to brief Senior Management/stakeholders, effectively influence their decisions and provide assurance they have both broad strategic understanding/foresight and deep understanding of technical details
- Grit : Ability to remain calm, focused, productive and successful under pressure from multiple Senior Managers, impacted parties and aggressive timelines.
When you work atJPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutionsthat will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of everyemployee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou. So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a waythat makes a real difference, apply today.