Big Data Architect
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. Corporate Technology (CT)
builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - the JPMorgan Chase CFO and Corporate Finance Organizations, as well as all line of business CFO teams .
The Corporate Technology Metadata program is chartered to re-engineer multiple dimensions of Risk, Finance & Capital, HR, Compliance, and Legal Technology Information Architecture to improve accuracy, consistency, and granularity across its data assets for Risk, Capital, and Regulatory Reporting. The team is new and highly motivated. This position provides an opportunity to use and deploy a range of Metadata, Data Management and Data Quality technologies, to take on a challenging role that's critical to our Financial Regulatory environment. Role Description
This role is intended to deliver a balanced combination ofData Management, Governance, Business Analysis and Project Management skills toa high focused and highly technical team. Primary responsibilities
• Define and drive governance of the firm's big data platform
• Provide technical leadership to domain modelers and architects and drivesolutions to complex problems
• Work closely with the Product Management and Product owners to do roadmapplanning and epic prioritization
• Manage business and technical metadata to develop a well-documented datalandscape
• Work in close partnership with the Chief Data Office to support firmwide datamanagement initiatives Desired qualifications
• Robust data architecture skills with demonstrated experience developing data models using ER diagraming and UML modeling tools - e.g. Erwin, MagicDraw, etc. Experience with Ontology development using RDF or other semantic technologies is a plus.
• The successful candidate should demonstrate data governance experience as well as technical experience with Hadoop, Cloud, NoSQL and emerging data processing technologies.
• Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand and communicate the impact of solutions and technology.
• Effective writing and presentation skills: clearly communicates complex technical and business concepts to leaders and key stakeholders in both technical and non-technical roles
• Experience with both business and technical metadata management solutions
• Bachelor's degree or related relevant work experience
7-10 years of Information Technology experience