Associate Editor, Oil Markets
Associate Editor, Oil Markets Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only): 9 The Location:
Houston, TX The Team:
The right candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic team player with a passion for market reporting. Platts is a well-regarded source of expertise in the energy commodity markets. Our price assessments are used to settle billions of dollars' worth of contracts every day. We foster a collaborative team environment that encourages working together. The Impact:
You will provide critical information, news and analysis to our subscribers. What's in it for you:
Significant growth opportunity within the Platts editorial team. Growth is encouraged and supported. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $95,900 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
- The Associate Editor will be responsible for publishing daily spot price assessments for jet fuel and other refined products markets, as well as writing daily market commentary and real-time news.
- Develop excellent source relationships with industry contacts.
- Look for opportunities to expand into new contacts.
- Drive to develop knowledge of North and South American refined products markets. Understanding of market fundamentals is necessary in order to develop subject matter expertise.
- Working to intra-day deadlines in high pressure environments. Our processes are daily and we have frequent intraday deadlines.
- Accuracy under time pressure. It is critical that we deliver accurate assessments to the market consistently.
- Proven real time news abilities. This position will be writing news and analysis on a real time basis.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264342 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States