Associate Editor - Americas Petrochemicals
Associate Editor, Americas Petrochemicals Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only): 9 The Location:
Houston, TX The Team:
The right candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic team player with a passion for market reporting. Platts is a well-regarded source of expertise in the energy commodity markets. Our price assessments are used to settle contracts every day. We foster a collaborative team environment that encourages working together. The Impact:
You will provide critical information, news and analysis to our subscribers. What's in it for you:
- Significant growth opportunity within the Platts editorial team. Growth is encouraged and supported.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Develop relationships with industry contacts
- Articulate expertise through a variety of media
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $95,900 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
The Associate Editor will be responsible for publishing daily spot price assessments according to methodology for a variety of petrochemical markets, as well as writing weekly market commentaries and real-time news.
- Look for opportunities to expand new contacts
- Attend source meetings and industry events virtually and in person
- Engage with contacts regarding pricing and methodology development
- Bachelor degree required
- Drive to develop knowledge of North American petrochemical markets. Understanding of market fundamentals is necessary in order to develop subject matter expertise.
- Working to intra-day deadlines in high pressure environments. Our processes are daily and weekly, and the candidate must prioritize deadlines.
- Accuracy under time pressure. It is critical that we deliver accurate assessments to the market consistently.
- Proven real time news abilities. This position will be writing news and analysis on a real time basis.
- Energy industry experience such as a reporting, writing, or analytical background
- Understanding of commodity markets
- Petrochemical markets knowledge
- Price assessment experience
- Spanish and or Portuguese language skills are a plus.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262086 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States