Applications Support Analyst
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Basic knowledge of application development
Provide Mission Control support for production systems and applications in the Operations Technology (OPT) division of Consumer Business Banking (CBB). Teams stationed in both US and India provide a 24/7 support model across all disciplines and environments.
Working knowledge of Distributed applications and Middleware Platform
Experience with IBM Websphere, Apache Tomcat, IBM Datapower
Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace and Wily monitoring tools
Good Knowledge of Incident and Problem Management functions
Experience with Unix Shell, PERL, Bash scripting is preferable
Experience with job scheduler like CTRL-M
Application Support & Monitoring:
- Monitor infrastructure, servers, databases, distributed batch jobs.
- Aggressively respond to service requests from Client facing support teams, Operations, Risk/control partners, etc.
- Troubleshoot technical issues (Java/J2EE, .Net, Cloud etc) or escalate and work with appropriate technology teams to provide solutions.
- Support Sustained Resiliency, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability events.
- Coordinate incident management coverage, to ensure appropriate coverage
- Call facilitation, coordination and communications during critical outage situations
- Call documentation, queue management, ticket analysis and interface to impacting lines of business for incident impact analysis via the Production Assurance process
- Single voice for our line of business and for cross line of business incidents
- End to end view of issues for objectivity
- Influence senior technology leads across organizations to ensure timely resolution of incidents
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.