What is the opportunity?
The job is an important extension of our overall commodities platform, as RBC is a large lender in the U.S Energy space. A commodities marketing professional can leverage the loan portfolio with ancillary business in energy derivatives. This will increase the firms Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC) significantly. Keeping compliance in mind, this individual will work closely with both Corporate and Investment Banking to deliver the entire firm which will in turn enhance revenue. Typically energy companies both upstream and downstream actively hedge their commodity exposures. The marketer must develop relationships, both internally and externally, to increase revenue opportunities for RBC. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Help build the firm's commodity derivatives business in the U.S.
- Provide exceptional commodity coverage to the client base
- Partner with Corprate and Investment Banking to significantly enhance our returns through structured commodity transactions
- Ensure all client credit risk is always in compliance
- Communicate effectively with colleagues in Trading and Sales throughout firm
- Support other commodity initiatives in North America
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of the oil and gas markets provides optimal value to clients across our portfolio
- Awareness and understanding of credit and trading procedures allows me to mitigate RBC's risk profile, as well as provide the client with the most efficient and effective customer service
- Reading and writing skills are integral to the job
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Join our Talent Community
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .