America Chemicals Markets Principal Analyst
IHS Chemical is seeking a Consultant who will be responsible for market analysis and coverage of the BTX markets across the Americas, in support of all IHS Chemical Market Advisory Services dedicated to these important markets.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Maintenance of short and long term price and supply/demand models:
o updates to the capacity database
o update of quarterly supply/demand balances
o in cooperation with the global aromatics and fibers teams, regular review of long term supply/demand balances used in published world analyses and to meet the requirements of the IHS Chemical Business Consulting Group.
- Maintenance of econometric models which determine production cash costs and margins
- Construction of robust and defendable short term and long term price and margin forecasts
- Support existing clients with a focus on increasing IHS Chemical's exposure inside client organizations
- Continuous proactive marketing of related Market Advisory Services to meet annual growth goals:
o sales calls to be worked in with client visit program where possible
o develop strong connection to relevant industry associations
o give market presentations at client meetings as well as IHS Chemical and industry conferences.
- Provide written market analysis and reasoned forecasts for required weekly, monthly and annual Market Advisory Services.
- Provide support to the Business Consulting Group for single client project work as required.
- Regular travel across Americas region to visit existing clients and cultivate relationships with potential clients
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.