Lead, Credit Reporting
Your road to success
starts here. #TheSantanderEffect #WeAllDeserveRespect
Lead, Credit Bureau Reporting Req ID: oZFFdfwg Date posted 10/06/2020
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Customer Service
Responsible for reviewing, processing, and resolving accounts and customer’s needs which include: SCRA, Cease & Desist, Deceased, Out of Country, and Credit Bureau Reporting. Researches and escalates as appropriate. Ensures adherence to procedure and regulatory compliance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Lead, Credit Bureau Reporting’s primary responsibility is in the research and resolution of complex customer disputes, with additional duties to assist Managers with day-to-day operations such as reporting, root cause analysis, and process optimization. This role is in a highly regulated environment and requires strict adherence to company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Assists other Credit Bureau Reporting associates with questions related to process and procedure.
- Monitor various work queues to ensure effective workflow and service level requirements are met
- Supports leadership by assisting with team communication regarding process changes, daily dispute volumes, production and quality goals results, etc.
- Assist with QC Reviews for new hires or cross trained associates
- Researches complex account histories including payments made, payment extensions and reversals, bankruptcy, repossession, collection activity, SCRA designations, assumptions, and any other relevant account activity to ensure customer credit histories are accurate and respond to customer inquiries.
- Updates customer payment history profile to ensure information sent to the Credit Reporting Agencies (CRA) and the customer complies with all company procedures, State, and Federal laws.
- Collaborates with Legal department and the Executive Office to resolve complex litigation and complaint matters relating to credit reporting.
- Works with internal and external business units to obtain documents and necessary business information relevant to credit reporting.
- Analyzes data to determine the correct account status through research and interpretation the system of record, documents provided by the consumer, and other sources of information.
- Performs other duties including but not limited to side by side training, UAT support: researching and retesting defects raised and Special Projects as needed
- Responsible for meeting individual Quality Assurance and Performance metrics.
- Regular use of Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion’s Exchange (E-Oscar) products.
- Keeps leaders informed of any recognized opportunities or gaps in process or information sharing that could result in financial or reputational risk to SC.
- Acts as a point of contact and provides support to the team and department in the absence of Managers.
- Education -
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Communications, Employee Relations, or equivalent field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience -
- 3-5 years Servicing/Originations role or related experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Credit Bureau Reporting role or related experience.
- Skills & Abilities -
- Complete understanding of Equifax, Experian and TransUnion’s Exchange (E-Oscar) product.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and the ability to read and interpret account documentation.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Outlook) skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry best practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Ability to change direction as project demand dictates.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate instructions to others, summarize and articulate issues, and document findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in North Richland Hills
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact