Avp Payment Services
Your road to success
starts here. #TheSantanderEffect #WeAllDeserveRespect
AVP Payment Services Req ID: oGHNcfw6 Date posted 06/03/2020
The Manager, Payments Team Management is directly responsible for the coaching, development, training, and motivation of the department with the intent of achieving department goals and creating a positive and productive work environment. In this role, you will have a small team of managers and a team lead reporting to you and be responsible for their development and the success of their teams. You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Payment Services Team through effective management of the day-to day operations. This team member will also develop and implement controls to ensure accurate and timely processing of customer payments in compliance with company operating procedures and adherence to state and federal regulations.
- Leads department by example and develops Managers on both hard and soft skills.
- Ensures all team members are receiving quality and timely feedback from their Manager, from in the moment coaching, to consistent 1:1 meetings, and through the annual performance cycle.
- Coordinates hiring efforts for the department and drives continuous improvement of talent by identifying and filling skills gaps within the team.
- Monitors and connects with staff to identify inconsistent practices and ensure employees are acting in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Continually communicates with leadership to recommend enhancements to workflow and bring recommendations from the front line.
- Coordinates with senior leadership and utilizes change management to implement new team strategies, initiatives and changes to procedures.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in all processes pertaining to their area and assists in managing projects to enhance or change these processes.
- Identifies downstream and upstream impacts and potential risk to the organization.
- Oversees the payments teams to ensure accurate and timely payment processing.
- Develops, monitors and maintains internal controls to ensure payment processing Service Level Agreements and goals are achieved.
- Oversees staff workload assignments to ensure processing requirements are met, ensuring maximum productivity while maintaining quality service standards.
- Develops effective relationships with other departments to better understand their operations, strategies and service expectations.
- Preferred: Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent
- Required: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Required: 3-5 years leadership and management experience, including training and mentoring skills to coach the staff
- Preferred: 5-9 years in financial services or auto-finance
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and resolution for outstanding accounts/payments.
- Demonstrated ability to positively lead, coach and develop others.
- Ability to make decisions and use good judgment in relation to the handling of customers and supervision of team members.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive.
- Ability to make effective decision making on complex matters while reducing/eliminating risk.
- Ability to develop individual goals and consistently seek learning opportunities in order to improve.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to be adept in identifying and resolving complex customer service problems.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate across multiple levels of the organizational structure.
- Ability to lead, influence and direct peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively manage remote teams
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Share this job
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Work in North Richland Hills
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and you'll receive news, updates and alerts for the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the “” poster and supplement and the
to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact